SALIENT FEATURES DATA
With minor modifications this pump can be easily adapted for shallow wells, windmills and motorized operations.
- The above-ground mechanism is fabricated from welded steel plates and sections for strength, and hot-dip galvanized for corrosion resistance.
- A chain and quadrant mechanism of the pump handle provides easy and accurate alignment of the connecting rod.
- The handle bar has a high mechanical advantage and is designed to counter balance the weight of the connecting rods to reduce the pumping effort required by the user.
- A unique pivot assembly (sealed ball bearings for the handle on a stainless steel axle) adds to the ease of operation and lower maintenance needs.
- 125 mm stroke length of the handle provides a water discharge of 17 liters per minute per 40 strokes with the cylinder installed in the range of the 15 m to 45 m below-ground level.
- The water tank assembly has an appropriate coupler to suit 32 mm NB medium class galvanized iron (Gl) riser pipes or µPVC pipes.
- Riser pipes are comprised of locally available standard 32 mm NB Gl pipes. Other options such as upvc, HDPE & FGP are also available.
- Connecting rods are of cold drawn bright steel bar with threaded and couplers and are electro-galvanised against corrosion. Alternatively stainless steel rods or FGP rods are also available for better performance.
- The cylinder is made from a cast iron casing with a polished brass liner and gun metal plunger and check valve components. Seals (pump buckets, valve seals and cap seals) are available in environmentally safe nitrile rubber. Other options include stainless steel, brass and µPVC. The cylinder is adaptable for use with Universal Cylinder components.